The first time we used ADWLauncher launcher on our Android phones was five years ago. Its been really a long time. Finally, now the app is updated to version 2.0 which is still in Beta phase but you can install and use it. Trust me, it is completely a new launcher. ADWLauncher 2.0 is created again from scratch bringing all new features of Android we see now a days.
ADWLauncher 2.0 Launcher is faster, Customizable and userfriendly. It now has all new way of managing home screens or widgets, there’s a lot of new icons effects, a fast scroll app drawer, new desktop transitions, add or manage gestures, several themes, and lots more. Not just one or two, but you get 10 different app drawer styles including 3D waterfall, 3D Roll, 3D Ball, 3D Wall, 3D Cube and more.
Here are some highlights of ADWLauncher 2.0:
- It’s highly customizable, almost in every aspect you can think of.
- Thousands of skins and themes with support for most popular launcher themes!
- Mix and match your skins, icons, docks, folders, etc
- Configure your applications in unlimited groups and hide unwanted apps.
- Fast setup screen with fast access to add items or configure everything.
- Gestures for fast operation (swipe up/down, 2fingers swipe up/down, pinch in/out, etc)
- Configurable Actionbar, similar to android 3.x+ tablet interface.
- Screens editor to add,remove, swap and resize your desktop screens.
- Configurable visual desktop indicators.
- Easy folder tweaking and management, content previews, arrangement, colors, etc.
- New AppWidget picker for devices running Android 4.1 and newer.
- Icons editor to create your own customized shortcuts or edit existing ones
- AppWidget resizing
- AppWidget backup/restore (only for android 4.1 and newer)
- Customizable applications dock with support for unlimited shortcuts with paginated scroll.
- Lots of settings to play with: texts, colours, animations, sizes… you should dig in!
Remember, ADWLauncher 2.0 is in Beta phase. So, if you are downloading it from PlayStore, you will need to first opt-in for Beta https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.adw.launcher. Or alternatively, you can simply download the ADWLauncher 2.0 APK from this page in just one click and install it manually on your phone and tablets.