The new Galaxy S8 Plus is just a slightly better variant of Galaxy S8. The only difference is in the screen size and battery capacity, rest all specifications are exactly as in Galaxy S8. The new Galaxy S8+ sports a 6.2 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display offering 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution with 529ppi and is protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5. While the battery capacity in S8+ is 3500mAh which is 3000mAh in S8. Both support fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA).
Rest all specification such as Octa Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor, Mali-G71 MP20 GPU, 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB storage (UFS 2.1) is same like in S8. The phone is running on latest Android 7.0 Nougat operating system and supports Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD). Galaxy S8+ also has the same 12 Megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS and 1.4µm pixel size. For selfie fans, it carries the same 8 Megapixel Auto focus front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size and 80-degree wide-angle lens.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ Specifications:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- 6.2 Inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution with 529 ppi
- Octa Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor
- Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB storage (UFS 2.1), Expandable using microSD card
- 12 Megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, 1/2.55″ sensor size, OIS and 1.4µm pixel size
- 8 Megapixel Auto focus front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size and 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC and MST
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
To get the best out of your Samsung Galaxy S8+, you must download its PC Suite software and the latest USB Driver. PC suite is a computer based application that lets you Sync the entire phone with PC as well as clouds including all your contacts, emails, notes, messages, and other important stuffs. Once connected with PC suite, you can also receive or make calls directly from computer, reply to SMS and do much more. USB driver on other hand is must because it is the one that connects your phone with computer.
You can also download ‘Samsung SideSync’ for your Galaxy S8+ from this page in just one click. SideSync is a software that brings your entire phone screen on computer. You can do everything from computer that you do on your phone. You can also use your PC’s keyboard and mouse to navigate through out the phone. It is the most comfortable way of multitasking.