Sony Xperia Ion is an Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich based smartphone with 4.55-inch HD Reality display offering 1280 x 720 pixels resolutions. The device is powered with 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM making it quiet good in Multitasking and Performance. It is one of the best choices for Photographers as well because of its 12 Megapixel rear camera powered with Exmor R mobile sensor with auto focus capable to record videos at Full HD 1080p and offcourse high quality images with LED flash. Along with this there is also a 1.3 Megapixel front-facing camera for making video calls. As per storage Xperia Ion comes with 12.9GB onboard storage capacity which can be expanded upto 32GB using MicroSD Card.
Xperia Ion also seems good in connectivity with options like 3G HSPA+ support, HDMI out ,WiFi, DLNA, NFC and aGPS. Best of this device is you can also play Playstation titles on this smartphone. Here is the complete list of specifications for Xperia Ion:
- OS: Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Display: 4.6 Inch 720p scratch-resistant TFT Display With Bravia Engine
- Resolution: 1280 x 720 pixels
- CPU: 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Dual Core processor
- RAM: 1 GB
- Storage: 13.2 GB Internal, Expandable upto 32GB
- Camera: 12 megapixel rear camera with photo light and Auto focus, 1.3 MP Front Facing camera
- Connectivity: WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, HDMI, DLNA, aGPS, Bluetooth, and NFC
To make most out of the device you will require its PC Suite. This pc based software allows you to not only backup and Sync your contacts and messages with Outlook and web based services like Yahoo and Google but also keeps your Xperia Ion updated to the most latest available Firmware Updates. There are many more such things where you will require a PC Suite such as using the Xperia Ion as Modem for sharing internet on your computer.