Xiaomi launched two new flagship smartphones called Xiaomi Mi 5S and Mi 5S Plus. Starting at the price of 1999 yuan, i.e. $299 or Rs. 19,900 approximately, the Mi 5S comes in 2 variants that takes it up to 2299 yuan. It is a Dual SIM smartphone running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS with company’s own MIUI 8 on top of it. The phone is packed inside full metal unibody design and is just 8.25 mm in thickness.
The phone also comes with Under-glass Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner which is responsive enough to recognize your print in split-second. It sports a 5.15 inch Full HD curved glass pressure sensitive display offering 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution along with 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio.
Xiaomi has powered the new Mi 5S with 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor accompanied by Adreno 530 GPU that makes the phone pretty good in performance and gaming. As per storage and RAM, we get the phone in two variants, that includes 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage memory.
Coming to the camera section, Mi 5S could also attract photography fans because of its 12 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX378 1/2.3-inch sensor and PDAF that not only captures stunning pictures but also lets you record Ultra HD 4K video recording and 120fps slomo at 720p. For selfie lovers, there is a 4 Megapixel front-facing camera with 2um pixels, f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens that supports up to 1080p video recording too.
Coming to the connectivity part, being flagship, Mi 5S supports almost all major connectivity options including 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC and USB Type-C. Xiaomi has powered up the phone with 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
Xiaomi Mi 5S Specifications:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- Dual SIM support
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- 5.15 inch Full HD pressure-sensitive display, 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut and 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- 12 Megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX378 1/2.3-inch sensor and PDAF
- Ultra HD 4K video recording, 120fps slomo at 720p
- 4 Megapixel front-facing camera with 2um pixels, f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC and USB Type-C
- 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
You can download the official Xiaomi PC suite application for your Mi 5S from this page in one click and that too absolutely free. PC Suite is a Windows based free client for your Xiaomi Mi 5 that lets you Sync essential information between phone and computer or with major cloud services such as Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and more allowing you to access the data from anywhere and anytime. It lets you Backup and Restore the entire phone in couple of clicks, anytime, without loosing even a single file. Using the same you can also send and receive SMS from computer screen, manage the phone apps directly from computer, flash ROMs, share mobile internet over USB cable and do lots more.