Xiaomi Redmi Y1 is yet another affordable smartphone launched in India at the price of just Rs. 8999. It is just the renamed version of Redmi Note 5A which was launched for China. The phone comes in brushed metal-like finish with aluminium alloy frame. It has Dual SIM support with dedicated MicroSD card slot. There is also a fingerprint sensor which is fast enough to recognize and unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds.
Coming out of the box running Android 7.1.2 Nougat with company’s own MIUI 8 which will be upgraded to MIUI 9 soon. It sports a 5.5 inch HD 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio and 70% NTSC color gamut offering 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. The screen is further protected with Corning Gorilla Glass.
Xiaomi has powered the phone with 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform accompanied by Adreno 505 GPU. There are two variants of phone as per RAM and storage, i.e. 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage memory. Both variants can be expanded up to 128GB using microSD card.
Under camera section, Redmi Y1 brings us a 13 Megapixel primary camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF. It seems pretty better for Selfie fans because of its 16 Megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash, OmniVision sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 76.4-degree wide-angle lens. In terms of connectivity, Redmi Y1 supports 4G VoLTE with other options like WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS / GLOASS. Xiaomi is running the phone on 3080mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Specifications:
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat with MIUI 8, Upgradable to MIUI 9
- Dual SIM Support
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 5.5 inch HD 2.5D curved glass display, 450 nits brightness, 1000: 1 Contrast ratio, 70% NTSC color gamut protected by Corning Gorilla Glass
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 Mobile Platform with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage, Expandable up to 128GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and PDAF
- 16 Megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash, OmniVision sensor, f/2.0 aperture and 76.4-degree wide-angle lens
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLOASS
- 3080mAh battery
From here you can download official Xiaomi PC suite and latest USB Driver for your new Redmi Y1 in one click. Using this Xiaomi PC Suite you can perform several important tasks such as Backing up and Restoring the entire phone anytime without loosing a single file. Sync contact, notes, emails, bookmarks, etc between phone, PC, Outlook and with major cloud services including Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and more. This PC Suite also lets you update phone’s Software to latest version in the simplest method. Just connect the phone and click, Done.
This Xiaomi PC Suite also lets you try Beta MIUI updates on your phones without any development expertise. There’s lots more you can do. You can make or answer calls from your computer when the phone is connected, you can reply your SMS, and more. USB Driver on other hand is essential too because it is the one that connects your Xiaomi phone to computer.